As an Aesthetic Doctor in Surrey it’s important to ensure we have a wide array of proven tools available to help treat our patients, Microneedling is a must have treatment for any clinic. In this blog post, we’ll unravel the mysteries behind microneedling, exploring what it is, how it works, and its remarkable ability to address concerns such as acne scarring.
What is Microneedling?
Microneedling, also known as collagen induction therapy, is a non-surgical procedure that utilises a device equipped with fine, sterile needles to create controlled micro-injuries on the skin’s surface. These micro-injuries stimulate the skin’s natural healing process, leading to increased collagen and elastin production.
How Does Microneedling Work?
- Stimulates Collagen Production: The tiny micro-injuries created by the needles trigger the body’s natural response to heal itself. This includes the production of collagen, a protein that provides structural support to the skin, improving its elasticity and firmness.
- Enhances Skin Texture: As collagen and elastin increase, the overall texture of the skin improves. Microneedling is effective in reducing the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and uneven skin tone, leading to a smoother complexion.
- Promotes Cell Turnover: The micro-injuries also prompt the skin to shed old, damaged cells and generate new, healthy ones. This process, known as cell turnover, results in a fresher, more radiant skin surface.
- Boosts Product Absorption: Microneedling enhances the absorption of skincare products. The micro-channels created during the procedure allow topical serums and creams to penetrate more deeply, maximizing their effectiveness.
Addressing Acne Scarring with Microneedling:
One of the remarkable aspects of microneedling is its effectiveness in addressing acne scarring, a concern that often lingers long after acne has subsided. Here’s how microneedling can benefit those dealing with acne scars:
- Collagen Remodeling: Acne scars often result from the uneven healing of damaged skin. Microneedling promotes collagen remodeling, smoothing out the texture of the skin and minimizing the appearance of scars.
- Reduced Hyperpigmentation: Microneedling aids in breaking down excess melanin, addressing hyperpigmentation commonly associated with acne scars. This results in a more even skin tone and diminished discoloration.
- Improved Skin Texture: The controlled micro-injuries of microneedling work to break down scar tissue, encouraging the growth of new, healthy skin cells. This leads to an improvement in the overall texture of the skin, reducing the visibility of acne scars.
- Safe and Versatile: Microneedling is suitable for various skin types and tones, making it an inclusive and adaptable treatment option for individuals with different concerns, including acne scarring.
Benefits Beyond Acne Scars:
While microneedling is highly effective for acne scarring a common concern amongst our Esher clients, its benefits extend beyond this specific concern. Individuals seek microneedling for:
- Fine Lines and Wrinkles: Microneedling promotes collagen production, reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, particularly around the eyes and mouth.
- Enlarged Pores: The procedure can help minimize the size of enlarged pores, providing a more refined and smoother skin texture.
- Uneven Skin Tone: Microneedling addresses uneven skin tone by promoting the shedding of old, pigmented cells and encouraging the growth of new, more evenly pigmented skin.
- Overall Skin Rejuvenation: Microneedling contributes to overall skin rejuvenation, leaving individuals with a refreshed and revitalized complexion.
As a leading Aesthetic Doctor in Esher Surrey, specializing in microneedling treatments, we witness the remarkable transformations this procedure offers. Microneedling stands as a versatile and effective solution for addressing a range of skin concerns, from acne scarring to fine lines and enlarged pores. Consult with our expert team to embark on your journey towards radiant, revitalised skin.
Do you have more questions?
Please give us a call on 01372 613080 or click on this contact us link below to send an enquiry or book a consultation appointment at our Esher, Surrey Clinic.